Monday 19 December 2011

Shortbread Cookies

So all I could think about this afternoon at work was coming home and eating the shortbread cookies I made yesterday afternoon. I ate two. Then I ate one more. Hard to resist.

I've decided to share my recipe since it is too good to keep to myself and it's easy to make. I hope you enjoy it. You'll need a scale.

Shortbread Cookies

230g Butter
100g Sugar
38g Rice Flour
260g Flour (all purpose)

Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy in mixer. Add the two flours. Let it combine well. Place dough in chunks on floured surface and roll to about 1/8" and cut into shapes.

Bake at 350F about 10 minutes (8 minutes if you you use a dark non-stick pan).

Sometimes I'll dip them in chocolate or you can just leave plain. They freeze very well and are great to give as gifts in tins.

No comments:

Post a Comment